DAC Call For Papers
The ASME Design Automation Committee invites papers in all areas of design automation related to mechanical systems. Papers with examples from industrial practice are encouraged. Suggested technical areas for paper submissions are listed below. Papers in other areas of design automation are also welcome. The deadline for submission can be found here.
- Application-Tailored Optimization Methods
- Artificial Intelligence in Computational Synthesis
- Decision Making in Engineering Design
- Design and Optimization of Sustainable Energy Systems
- Design for Market Systems
- Design for Resilience: Reliability, Health Monitoring, Prognosis and Failure Recovery
- Design for the Developing World
- Design of Complex Systems
- Design of Engineering Materials and Structures
- Emerging Topic in Design Automation: Design Analytics in Data-Driven Design
- Geometric Modeling and Algorithms for Design and Manufacturing
- Metamodel-Based Design Optimization (MBDO)
- Modeling and Simulation of Humans and Human Usage Contexts in Engineering Design
- Multidisciplinary Design Optimization
- Multi-Objective Optimization and Sensitivity Analysis
- Platform Architecture and Product Family Design
- Product-Service System Design
- Simulation-Based Design Under Uncertainty
- Sustainable Design
If you are interested in organizing a Panel Session for the upcoming DAC, please send your name, affiliation, and email address to
How To Submit A Paper
All papers must be submitted electronically as PDFs by the deadline. The conference publication schedule can be found by following the links in this page.
Papers will be reviewed simultaneously for presentation at the conference and publication in the CD-ROM conference proceedings.
All papers are accepted based on peer-reviews of original full-size manuscripts. Resubmissions will not be considered. Creating PDF Files: PDFs can be created by either using Adobe Acrobat or converting a PS file to a PDF file using Ghostscript or similar software. Click here to learn more about creating PDFs.
- 2012 Best Paper (sponsored by Ford Motor Company)
- 2011 Best Paper (sponsored by Ford Motor Company)
- 2010 Best Paper (sponsored by Ford Motor Company)
- 2009 Best Paper (sponsored by Ford Motor Company)
- 2008 Best Paper (sponsored by Ford Motor Company)
- 2007 Best Paper (sponsored by Ford Motor Company)
- 2006 Best paper (sponsored by Ford Motor Company)
- 2005 Best Paper (Sponsored by the Ford Motor Company)
- 2004 Best Paper (Sponsored by the Ford Motor Company)
- 2003 Best Paper (Sponsored by the Design Automation Committee)
These papers have been posted with the permission of ASME and are to be used as references only. They are intended to demonstrate the technical merit, potential impact, completeness, length, and clarity in writing of a high quality DAC paper.
More details on paper formatting instructions.